cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"File does not exist" When it does, actually.

"File does not exist" When it does, actually.

New member | Level 2

I am using Dropbox on Fedora 32, with dolphin file manager.

I cannot open files in a particular folder, everytime I try to open it, it says "file does not exist". They do exist when accessing Dropbox on the Web. Also, all files in subfolders and other folders are accessible normally. Next I deleted the folder and reuploaded it, still same issue. I also tried renaming. What can I do?

1 Reply 1

Re: "File does not exist" When it does, actually.

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Asketzus,

I'm trying to follow your explanation. but I'm missing something. Can you clarify?

@Asketzus wrote:

I cannot open files in a particular folder, everytime I try to open it, it says "file does not exist". ...

How exactly you "try to open it"? Is it there or not, according to your Dolphin view in the particular folder?

@Asketzus wrote:
... Next I deleted the folder and reuploaded it, still same issue. ...

How exactly you "reuploaded it"? Did you move/copy the folder into Dropbox folder and let it upload into  the cloud or upload it using web interface?

:thinking face:

PS: What's the sync status actually? Something very important! Is it "Up to date"? What is the state of the particular file, also? If you haven't yet, set Dolphin work with Dropbox. :winking face:

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?