Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Transfer 4K 60fps video from Mac to iPhone camera roll without compression

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Fiona:

Thank you for your support. I am happy to answer your questions:

1) Yes, I made the file "available offline". Then, I went to my "Manage offline files" tab. I tried to download the 4K video (both in .mov and .mp4 format). I was given a message "Sorry, this type of video cannot be saved to this device."

2) I charged my phone beforehand so it was at pretty much full battery. I have 8GB of storage left on my phone.

I repeated the same test as before again. Namely, I saved the movie with 1080 resolution (instead of better 4K resolution) in iMovie. Then, I was able to immediately download the 1080 video from dropbox to my iPhone (taking about 0.1 seconds to do so, which makes me think my connection is okay).

I would be so grateful to hear other advice on how I can successfully download the same video from Dropbox, only now in the 4K format. Thank you again.

Highlighted

Re: Transfer 4K 60fps video from Mac to iPhone camera roll without compression

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the additional information @cletuslapin . 

Seems like my colleague Jay has provided an explanation for what is going on in this discussion and so I merged your request here. 

I hope this is helpful. If you want me to open a ticket for you and forward it to our mobile team to get a more detailed explanation, I would be more than happy to. Let me know!

Thank you so much for the cooperation and for trying out my suggestions. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?