cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unsaved changes to Dropbox" error message when editing a sheet in GSheets

Highlighted

"Unsaved changes to Dropbox" error message when editing a sheet in GSheets

New member | Level 2

screenshot.png

Hi there, I have a recurrent problem - I am editing an excel sheet and at some point a red error message appeared on the top (see the image above). Initially I was able to refresh the page/re-open the file and it would go back to normal, but at some point I did not notice it appeared again and did a lot of work that I am now worried might be lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am approaching a deadline for this work!

More details:

1. I can edit the file and name versions, but when I look into the folder where the file is located, it says that the last time I edited the file was a few days ago, prior to this issue occurring. When I try to view the file, I see that all my last edits are not there. 

2. I cannot save the file as an excel sheet. 

3. I use less than 2MB of the free 2GB storage. 

4. The file is shared and it's hosted on my colleague's dropbox, but she has not opened it in weeks.  

5. I use Chrome

I care primarily about making sure the work I've done is not lost (aka. that I can save it somehow).

Thank you so much for any pointers! Happy to provide any extra informatiom that might be helpful

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: "Unsaved changes to Dropbox" error message when editing a sheet in GSheets

Dropboxer

Hi there @wbetta, thanks for reaching out!

Can you try using an incognito browsing window to see if you get the same error there? If so, how about when using another web browser and clearing the browser cache?

If the error shows with all the above steps, please let me know if this issue occurs for just this file, or for any other Excel file that you open with Google Sheets.

Also, please let me know which version of Chrome you're using.

Keep me posted with your findings!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?