cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your Dropbox is full and is no longer syncing files" while having less than 500 mb in the DB folder

"Your Dropbox is full and is no longer syncing files" while having less than 500 mb in the DB folder

Commissar Lag
Explorer | Level 3

Hey all!
Thanks in advance to anyone who might help with this.
I did a project with a friend where we had Dropbox business on trial. He made the account, added me, we cancelled the subscription and that was it. Since then Dropbox keeps saying it is full (the files were removed by my friend before he cancelled the subscription). I've tried closing my account and reopening it but it just keeps saying it is full. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this issue?

Thank you!

18 Replies 18

Re: "Your Dropbox is full and is no longer syncing files" while having less than 500 mb in

Commissar Lag
Explorer | Level 3

asfgafasf3we.png

So this is my current storage (pardon, it's a bit more than 500mb, just realized some people shared things my way) but it still less than full.

Re: "Your Dropbox is full and is no longer syncing files" while having less than 500 mb in

Mark
Super User II

Where are you getting the error message from? Can you post a screen shot of that

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Commissar Lag
Explorer | Level 3

4tqw4faw4f3w4.png

It's the emails. I get these notifications in email and it is indeed no longer syncing. 

Mark
Super User II

Are you a member of any shares that are using up the quota? 

What does Dropbox say if you mouse over its icon on the status bar?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Commissar Lag
Explorer | Level 3

Can you please clarify what the status bar is?

My files are 482 MB. Files shared with me are using 942 MB.

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @Commissar Lag, let's see how I can help here! 

Here's how you can find out more regarding your syncing status

Also, could the email be related to a different Dropbox account? Is there any chance you have two of them?

Keep me posted. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Commissar Lag
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lori!

So the mail I am getting the notifications of stopped syncing and the mail I am using for the account are the same.
I read through the document with great care (greater than when I read it before posting this).

Dropping a file onto my Dropbox account does indeed make the file show up on my Phone's dropbox. Any idea why I am getting the mail notifications that my account has stopped syncing then?

Thank you!

Milos

Megan
Dropboxer
Happy Monday @Commissar Lag

It seems your Community profile is under the 'Commissar Lag' name. Is your Dropbox profile under the same name? 

If so, it would be worth pointing out that the email says 'Hey Miki', indicating a different name, possibly for a different account.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Commissar Lag
Explorer | Level 3

So I can have multiple accounts under the same Email address?  If yes, how do I access them?

I just logged in to post this reply using the Email address on which I received another "Hey Miki" mail that my Dropbox is full yesterday.

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    WGbenicia New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropboxer
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?