cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "check your internet connection and try again" When trying to share a file?

"check your internet connection and try again" When trying to share a file?

MarthinGrobler
Explorer | Level 3

Trying to share a file, but when I enter some email addresses I get the following messages ""check your internet connection and try again". Other email addresses works 100%.  Working on a Macbook Pro. 

54 Replies 54

ElSid1
Explorer | Level 3

Looks like I cannot create a support ticket :(.

I use it mostly for e-mail attachments (Thunderbird) and file transfers

NuggetMagic
Explorer | Level 4
Lusil, you can't raise a ticket unless you have an upgraded account which I do not... This issue has been going on since last Thursday, so please can you report of yourself?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your swift replies, @ElSid1 and @NuggetMagic

I've sent you each a ticket, so check your inbox for my latest message whenever you get the chance.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Righ
Explorer | Level 4

@Lusil wrote:

If you have any trouble creating a ticket, just give us another nudge and we'll be more than happy to send you one.

Keep us posted!

Hi Lusil

There's no option to create a ticket at that link, even when logged in. I presume that's because I don't have an upgraded account.  I would still think that it is an important issue for Dropbox to fix because it seems to be affecting a wide range of users across different systems.  Righ

ElSid1
Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil 

I think that not being on an upgraded account is causing issues with the ticket too :).

E-mail received for the ticket.

1. Takes me to https://www.dropbox.com/support/
  2. I click on the ticket number or OPEN (I tried both)
  3. Takes me back to https://www.dropbox.com/support/

Screenshot 2020-10-26 190236.png

NuggetMagic
Explorer | Level 4

@Lusil yes I have a ticket now for my issue, but as with @ElSid1 , when you click on Open it refreshes back to Tickets without opening the ticket. Seems the Dropbox system does not support un-Upgraded users. I get it to an extent as we aren't paying for the privilege, but when people like us can assist in solving the issue and providing information, it doesn't really make sense that it wouldn't support us.

Righ
Explorer | Level 4

I don't know about anybody else, but this seems to be fixed for me.  I can share files from the app and from the Finder with my current settings using a series of e-mail addresses that failed before.  That said, I'm probably not a good test candidate, because due to an unrelated problem I had to do a full hard drive wipe, system reinstall and retrieve my files from Time Machine in the past 24 hours.  

Along with the Security and Privacy settings for Accessibility ticked for Dropbox, I have set full access to Files and Folders:

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 5.04.40 pm.png

... and have set my App to open files and folders in Finder:

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 5.05.59 pm.png

I didn't actually check these settings before, so I don't know if these have had an effect or not. This combination of settings gives me the ability to use Dropbox through Finder, which is my preferred mode. 

Righ

Dropbox App. 108.4.453

iMac 27" 2019

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting me know that the issue's resolved for you, @Righ

@ElSid1 and @NuggetMagic, could you let me know if you can see and reply to my message from your inbox? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ElSid1
Explorer | Level 3

@Lusil 

Still Running Version 108.4.453. Looks like the issue is resolved. I cannot answer anything on the ticket as I'm not a premium member and it's still cycling back to the support page

Screenshot 2020-10-28 204801.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

I'm sorry to hear about the ticket, but thank you for keeping me in the loop!

If the issue happens again or if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give me another nudge. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?