cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "check your internet connection and try again" When trying to share a file?

"check your internet connection and try again" When trying to share a file?

MarthinGrobler
Explorer | Level 3

Trying to share a file, but when I enter some email addresses I get the following messages ""check your internet connection and try again". Other email addresses works 100%.  Working on a Macbook Pro. 

54 Replies 54

NuggetMagic
Explorer | Level 4
Right, I managed to do the first part of your instructions, but where you then said,
"and have set my App to open files and folders in Finder:"

I can't seem to find this. What do you click on from start to finish to get there...? Thank you.
Screen Shot 2020-10-28pm.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey @NuggetMagic, @Righ is referring to defaulting the app to opening in their Finder. 

You can do this by going to the General tab in your desktop app's Preferences (as shown in their screenshot). 

You'll find this after clicking on the Dropbox icon, selecting your avatar that's on the top right of the menu, and choosing Preferences. 

However, the issue should now be resolved. 

Could you check if the issue persists for you and let me know? 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

NuggetMagic
Explorer | Level 4
After I did the first part of the original instructions, it seems it is working for me so that's great. I updated my apple mac and I'm wondering if the update removed the access to files got Dropbox.... Worth remembering....

Righ
Explorer | Level 4

@Lusil wrote:

Hey @NuggetMagic, @Righ is referring to defaulting the app to opening in their Finder. 

You can do this by going to the General tab in your desktop app's Preferences (as shown in their screenshot). 

You'll find this after clicking on the Dropbox icon, selecting your avatar that's on the top right of the menu, and choosing Preferences. 

However, the issue should now be resolved. 

Could you check if the issue persists for you and let me know? 

Yes, that's generally how I gave default Finder access to Dropbox, but in my Dropbox app I have two Avatar icons, one at top right, as you say, and one at bottom left.  However, the one at top right doesn't give me access to my Preferences, but the other one does. Ortherwise the instructions are as you gave, and I've provided screen shots of the correct settings in my previous posts. 

As for the Issue - yes, it's still working okay - three days now, but I'll update you if it fails again with the error as in the thread title. 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved for you as well, @NuggetMagic!

If something comes up in the future, you know where to find us. 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, and I hope you have a lovely day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?