cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

".jpg files are supported but something went wrong."

".jpg files are supported but something went wrong."

Brashley
Helpful | Level 5

Two years ago I uploaded my entire engagement photo album to Dropbox.  Today, when I tried to view the photos, I get an error message for each image: ".jpg files are supported but something went wrong."

I tried this on my phone and got the same message.  I have been unable to access the photos for 2 days.  Please help!  Does anyone know how to fix this?

38 Replies 38

WebDevJohn
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am having the same issues. Yes, I have tried different browsers, clearing cache, using a different device... all of the above. I have the dropbox program installed on my windows PC as well. No luck getting the files. I have provided screenshots for when I try to access the files from your website and also my computer. The file size does not seem to matter. The images show thumbnails and not the actual picture. I have tried to download the picture and view it on different devices and it does not work. I have also tried accessing the file from an incognito window on my cell phone. 

No, i do not seem to have any issues with any other files that I have noticed yet. These files were uploaded yesterday.

screenshot 1.png 

screenshot 2.pngscreenshot 3.png

screenshot 4.png
screenshot 5.png

screenshot 6.jpg

T-Wright
Explorer | Level 3

I'm getting the same ".jpg files are supported but something went wrong." error message when trying to view certain images from the dropbox web client, iOS or Android apps. If I download the image to my PC I can view them with Windows just fine.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey peeps, thanks for your patience on this! 

This should be resolved now. If you're still getting the same error message though, don't hesitate to let us know and we'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks again!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

T-Wright
Explorer | Level 3
Not working for me still.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for your swift reply, @T-Wright, and sorry to hear that you're still having trouble with this. 

Could you try using a different browser, clearing your cache, as well as rebooting your computer?

If that still doesn't resolve this behavior, could you go to this page to see your options for contacting our Support team directly?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

T-Wright
Explorer | Level 3
I was using the Android app not a browser. I'll try the link. Thanks!!

Charl0tte1
New member | Level 2

I'm having the same error message but I don't think the files are apple double files (._). I can download the files and view them that way, I'm just curious why I can't see the preview. Plus I'd like to give the recipient an explanation to why they can't see the image but they can download it.

It's happening in two .jpg files out of four in each folder. I'm assuming it has something to do with the size or the way it's been saved...any ideas, anyone?

AfterBuzz TV
New member | Level 2

I uploaded a photo but I'm getting an error saying .jpg files are supported but something went wrong. 

I can view the photo on my desktop fine. 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @AfterBuzz TV, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I've just moved your post here as it seems you're having the same issue as the OP described.

Just to cover some basic details, can you please check out Lusil's post here and let me know what you find for those questions?

Also, do you notice any difference when you try the following?

• Clearing your browser's cache
  • Using an incognito/private browsing window
  • Using another web browser

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    AfterBuzz TV New member | Level 2
    Charl0tte1 New member | Level 2
    T-Wright Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?