cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"show older changes": Is there another way view file version history?

Highlighted

"show older changes": Is there another way view file version history?

Explorer | Level 4

Other than clicking "view folder history" on the right sidebar, is there another view to see File Version history either in the webbrower or mac app?

I'm trying to view changes to a folder that I've copied thosands of images into over the course of about a month in order to deterimine the amount of time I spent working on a project. Clicking " show older changes"  to look back eailer has been very time consuming amd slow since it shows every file I copied or removed. It's a great feature however I'm wonder if there is another way to view folder history that is perhaps on a single page/file or one that isnt so granular. 

I know this probably unlikely but thought I'd check. Thank you in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: "show older changes": Is there another way view file version history?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @nickkp, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If the folder that you're looking at happens to be a shared folder, then perhaps checking the Events for the folder will be easier as you can simply scroll to the bottom of the page to force load more results.

You can find the events by either going to your Events page and filtering for the folder, or by clicking the "..." to the right of the folder name in your Files page online and choosing "Events".

Otherwise, if the folder is not shared, then you wouldn't be able to filter the Events for that specific folder (although the actions will still appear in the Events page with the rest of the Events in your account).

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @nickkp, thanks for reaching out to us here!

If the folder that you're looking at happens to be a shared folder, then perhaps checking the Events for the folder will be easier as you can simply scroll to the bottom of the page to force load more results.

You can find the events by either going to your Events page and filtering for the folder, or by clicking the "..." to the right of the folder name in your Files page online and choosing "Events".

Otherwise, if the folder is not shared, then you wouldn't be able to filter the Events for that specific folder (although the actions will still appear in the Events page with the rest of the Events in your account).

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks @Daphne ! What a great tip. I didnt know about "events". I just tried it with this shared folder and it worked like a charm. Thank you again! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I'm very glad to hear that @nickkp!

If there's anything else you need, I'm just a post away. 😁

I hope you have a great week ahead!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?