cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

randomly deleted powerpoint

randomly deleted powerpoint

DeeP71
Explorer | Level 3

I've spent a very long time creating a powerpoint that is about 1Gb - but I have plenty of storage on my Dropbox account. It has been repeatedly deleted for some reason. Very much not by me, and no-one else has access to it or my account. Please please please tell me what on Earth is going on. I cannot afford to lose this piece of work and it is driving me nuts. 

Here's a screen grab to show the activity on that file Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 20.56.21.png

2 Replies 2

Re: randomly deleted powerpoint

Mark
Super User II

Something on one of your devices is deleting it.... is it possible another program is moving it outside of the Dropbox directory? 

Once restored go to www.dropbox.com/home, find the file and click on 'restore previous versions'. That will show which device is deleting it which may help narrow it down

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: randomly deleted powerpoint

DeeP71
Explorer | Level 3

I think there was a conflicted copy for some reason - I have had that very occasionally in the past but it's never deleted the updated version once, let alone repeatedly. I've deleted the conflict so hopefully that's the end of it

Thanks!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DeeP71 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?