cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove vault

remove vault

Explorer | Level 4

I need to remove my Vault, but i can't find how to do that, i don't needed and dont need to syncing the vault folder to my local folder, thanks

5 Replies 5

Re: remove vault

Dropboxer

Hi @fiero, thanks for messaging today!

Could you confirm if the Dropbox Vault is syncing to your Dropbox folder on your computer, or are you instead seeing a shortcut to the Vault?

Any other info or screenshots (while hiding person details) would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Is a shortcut of Vault, i want to remove the vault in dropbox, i don't want to use vault feature, thanks160313.png

Dropboxer

As the relevant Help Center article outlines, if you haven’t set up your vault (haven’t created a PIN), you can delete your vault from your file list just as you would delete a folder in Dropbox

On the other hand, if you already set up your vault (by adding a PIN), you can’t delete your vault. However, you can delete the files and folders inside it as you would normally delete files and folders in Dropbox.

I hope this helps @fiero

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

I have not entered a PIN and yet I cannot delete the vault. Please Dropbox, stop shoving your new features down our throats. If we want it, we'll opt in and use it. Let us delete / disable hassle-free.

Dropboxer

Hi there @ODeed; thanks for joining our discussion here and providing your thoughts on this. 

I just wanted to ask if you've already tried to disable the Vault following the steps outlined in this Help Center article.

If you haven't tried them yet, could you give them a go and let us know if it helped? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?