cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing dropbox folder from PC HDD

removing dropbox folder from PC HDD

domco
New member | Level 2

Hi, can anyone help me with folder sync problem?

I have signed off and uninstalled the dropbox app to remove the account from my PC,

the problem is that I need to remove the Dropbox folder from my PC because the PC is going to be used by someone else.

Will deleting the folder cause any damage to the files online? or is that just a copy of all the files that are stored on the servers online?

We've installed the app again and are going to be using it with other account, so I need a way of removing the files stored on my PC harddrive without damaging the files on the server.

thanks for all responses

1 Reply 1

Re: removing dropbox folder from PC HDD

Rich
Super User II

@domco wrote:

Will deleting the folder cause any damage to the files online? or is that just a copy of all the files that are stored on the servers online?

As long as you've uninstalled Dropbox from the computer, or unlinked the computer from your account, you can safely delete the local Dropbox folder without it affecting your files online. Also, if you plan to install Dropbox again for another account, you want to make sure the old Dropbox folder is gone before doing so.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?