cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieving documents folder

retrieving documents folder

earth_roamer
New member | Level 2

Hi all, I would like to inquire about a pertinent issue with dropbox syncing. After I synced my dropbox with my desktop document and other folders like music and stuff, this problem occurred. One day,  I was deleting some folders from my Dropbox, and accidentally deleted my whole document folder. This meant that everything was literally lost to the cloud. For some reason, I could no longer find my document folder (the in-built one that every computer software has). An erroneous message that states 'my document/dropbox' has been deleted. I am at a dead-end of the possibilities that I can do to salvage this unfortunate event. I certainly do not want to reset my laptop, unless I have no other ways to do it. Can someone kindly help this tech-not savvy person solve this computer crisis? Much thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Re: retrieving documents folder

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @earth_roamer, thanks for joining us here!

It sounds like you enabled the Computer Backup feature on your Dropbox desktop app.

You can disable this feature by following the steps in the article I hyperlinked and move your files back to their original locations. 

Also, if you deleted your Documents folder, while it was backed up to Dropbox, you should be able to restore it from your Deleted files page or your Events page.

Make sure to get back to me if you need anything else!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: retrieving documents folder

chiaogden
New member | Level 2

@Hannah wrote:
Hey @earth_roamer, thanks for joining us here!

It sounds like you enabled the Computer Backup feature on your Dropbox desktop app.

You can disable this feature by following the steps in the article I hyperlinked and move your files back to their original locations. 

Also, if you deleted your Documents folder, while it was backed up to Dropbox, you should be able to restore it from your Deleted files page or your Events pagefive nights at freddy's

Make sure to get back to me if you need anything else!

Thanks very much. It was very helpful.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

chiaogden New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?