cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieving local files after synch

retrieving local files after synch

New member | Level 2

Last week to test dropbox, I created locally documents/dropbox/folderA and uploaded it to dropbox. Locally I kept working in this folder.

Today, I installed dropbox on my computer, and activated synch with keeping the files locally. Then things went wrong it seems:

A folder user/dropbox was created, my local folderA was not copied but replaced to it, and synchronized with the *old* online version on dropbox, thus losing work. 

Can I retrieve the previous version of FolderA? Weird that during synch it deletes files that are newer than the last files online. Trash is empty.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: retrieving local files after synch

New member | Level 2

it seems to be solved. My hard drive was full, the process stopped, and I see the files again.

Sorry to bother you...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: retrieving local files after synch

New member | Level 2

it seems to be solved. My hard drive was full, the process stopped, and I see the files again.

Sorry to bother you...

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tijo New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?