New member | Level 2

scroll bar disappears in safari and chrome

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: scroll bar disappears in safari and chrome

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Avrlara  & @DMINFL, thanks for highlighting here; I’m wondering whether you’re both experiencing this discrepancy with the same browser extension or if there’s another common pattern that could help us pinpoint the root cause. As you’ve mentioned that you’re experiencing this issue on Chrome, could you please cross-check if you’ve installed the latest Chrome release for me

Additionally, if you're seeing the same thing on an incognito window, can you quickly grab a screenshot of your view & include it in your next message (without personal info please)?

Thanks in advance for taking a bit of your time to have an additional look at the pointers above & please keep me updated on your findings in your next message; I’m positive we’ll clarify what’s happening together soon! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Chawner, does this persist in a private browsing mode for you/without any extensions running &/or when you clear your browser’s cache? Just so as to make sure I have a clear picture of how this appears on your end, would you mind including a screenshot (omitting personal info) of your view; please include it in your next post here if possible. 

Thanks in advance & have a wonderful Monday ahead until we talk again! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the reply. I now have scroll bars so I do not know what was happened the other day. I cannot replicate the problem so that has to be good. 

So thanks anyway.

Allan

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Ah, glad to hear that this has been fixed for you now @Chawner & thanks for circling back here with this update! While I’ve gone ahead & marked your last comment as the Best Answer, that’s an open invite to ping us back here in case you have any further inquiries in the future. Happy Dropboxing in the meantime Allan! 🤓

Jane

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hmm... not quite.... if I leave the browser tab lying there while doing other things, the bars disappear once again... refreshing the page brings back the scrollbar ... I'm looking on a page with tiles just because someone sent me a link like that. I will try the same with a table view instead (rows).

Ops, nope.. same thing.

Next - incognito mode - happened there too.

Now going through the Chrome extensions - I have a hunch about "Outline: Read & annotate without distractions" - testing it now (i.e. turned it off); so far so good.

[[ 55 minutes later ]] Looks like that was it. The extension is called "Outline: Read & annotate without...."

That was NOT the solution - Today I'm on Windows (Chrome) and I found out is that simply opening a file will make the scrollbar disappear. 

I am browsing a directory that was shared with me and it only contains .PDF however, this is probably no reason. If I refresh the page, the scrollbar is back no and matter if in tile or table view mode, the bar disappear again when I open the next file I want to check.

So I keep doing the "rinse and repeat" procedure (open/view/close then refresh).

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have same annoying problem - using Chrome.  Scroll bar will reappear after refreshing so thanks for that tip.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Avrlara  & @DMINFL, thanks for highlighting here; I’m wondering whether you’re both experiencing this discrepancy with the same browser extension or if there’s another common pattern that could help us pinpoint the root cause. As you’ve mentioned that you’re experiencing this issue on Chrome, could you please cross-check if you’ve installed the latest Chrome release for me

Additionally, if you're seeing the same thing on an incognito window, can you quickly grab a screenshot of your view & include it in your next message (without personal info please)?

Thanks in advance for taking a bit of your time to have an additional look at the pointers above & please keep me updated on your findings in your next message; I’m positive we’ll clarify what’s happening together soon! 

Jane

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My Chrome is up to date.  I am working on a desktop computer.

I just accessed the dropbox folder and scroll bar is working fine.  This group folder came from an internet link not through my regular dropbox folder in my documents if that helps.

Dawn

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I had Chrome Version 75.0.3770.142 on both Mac and Windows and both were having the issue; just opening a file and coming back would make the scrollbar disappear. - you know, Chrome will also update self after it tells you which version it is at ....

Now, I went back to check and sure enough, scrollbar is working just find. 

Chrome went to Version 76.0.3809.87 but I'm pretty sure this is not what fixed it... anyway, I'm glad it's working.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming that this has now been working for both of you @DMINFL @Avrlara; your last posts make me think that this has merely been a hiccup. 

While I’ve now changed the Best Answer on this thread- just because it may be helpful to other users reaching this conversation with the same question- I’m here if you have any further observations; feel free to ping me back here & I’ll make sure to get back in touch soon. Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead until then! 

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?