cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: search option in a file returns no results, cannot log out of dropbox app on phone

Re: search function not working

Plsdeluno
Helpful | Level 6
@Walter I have just checked my email box to confirm it is me.
Thank you for your help

Walter
Dropboxer
Sure thing @lgallin. You've got :envelope: 

I also replied back to you just now @Plsdeluno!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Plsdeluno
Helpful | Level 6
@Walter I am having trouble with the last Android used. A bit of concern is a Toshiba laptop of mine you have listed, it shows used once in Burnley although I have never been there ever. Thank you

Re: search function failure

BarbDrop
New member | Level 2

Hi Lori,

I'm having this same problem on my iPhone and my laptop, both through the Dropbox app and on the Dropbox website. The search function is turning up "no results" even while the files are present. 

Can you help?

Thanks,

Barbara

Unable to use search function for pdf files opened in Dropbox version 230.2.2

Mervin
Helpful | Level 6
I am unable to use the search function for PDF files under latest version of Dropbox. However if I uninstall the latest version 230.2.2 and reinstall the older version of Dropbox version 228.2.2, the search function is working fine, the problem is the older version will auto updates to the newer version and will encounter the search function problem again.
Anyway to disable dropbox auto updates?

Re: Unable to use search function for pdf files opened in Dropbox version 230.2.2

Mervin
Helpful | Level 6
I meant is it possible to disable auto updates on my android phone and use the old version of Dropbox

Re: search option in a file returns no results, cannot log out of dropbox app on phone

Mervin
Helpful | Level 6
Yes, had the same issue with Dropbox version 230.2.2. and only for Android phones. Believe there's a bug in this version.
Below are some options that I've tried:-
1. Uninstall Dropbox version 230.2.2
2. Search for Dropbox version 228.2.2 apk and install
3. After installing, open Dropbox 228.2.2 and login as normal,
It will prompt you to remove previous devices if any.
4. You will be able to open the PDF files and search without issues.
5. You will be able to use it, maybe couple of days, but then Dropbox will auto updates itself to latest version, if this happens, you have to uninstall and repeat the process again.
The other option:-
If you have Google PDF viewer or Adobe Reader installed on your Android phone.
1. Save or add file to Dropbox.
2. Open Dropbox App, select the PDF file by clicking on 3 dots on the right side, the select Open With, from there you can select required viewer (eg. Adobe Reader) to view and search without issues.

Mervin
Helpful | Level 6
For selecting reqiured viewer, I select "Just Once" instead of "Always" so that I have an option to try other viewers or readers.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @BarbDrop & @Mervin!

Thanks for the details you've provided @Mervin, and amazing job on the troubleshooting! Have you tried clearing the cache on your app, to see how this is going to work out for you?

Also, @BarbDrop, have you tried using a different WiFi or cellular data? If you have, does the issue remain?  

Keep me posted!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Plsdeluno
Helpful | Level 6
That works changing it to Adobe etc but it doesn't deter away from the fact that Dropbox needs to fix the bug.
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?