cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: shared folders

shared folders

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 5

Hello — just to clarify how shared folder links work —

if I have a shared folder “tools” and I rename it to “old-tools” that does not affect any of the other members that share “tools”

Does it matter if I am the folder owner? (If I not the owner I do have full edit rights to it)

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

No, you changing a shared folders name will not update it for any current (or even future) members. You'd need to create a whole new share for that but it is important to remember that regardless of what you call it the other people in the share can all rename it and move it (as long as its not into another share) as much as they like without it impacting the share or even you knowing. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Frank P E.
Helpful | Level 5

thanks for the info -- so if  created a folder call "mark" and share it with you, with edit access, you can then rename it  to "frank" and if  understand  your reply  I can then  move  the folder "mark" to  a parent folder "friends" ( in dropbox tree -- which does not have any shares)?  

Need more support?