cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared recents no longer appear

shared recents no longer appear

Eddie8
Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone,

Today when I opened the little DropBox icon in the lower right corner by my clock in order to see the list of shared recents, it was blank and looked like this:

dropbox recents.jpg

I have a number of shared folders with different people, and when they put something in their folder, I would usually be able to see what they posted here.

Suddenly this feature doesn't work anymore.

I'm not sure if I messed something up, or if DropBox made a change to this feature.

Does anyone know about this?

15 Replies 15

Re: shared recents no longer appear

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @Eddie8, I hope you're having a good day!

Did you notice any recent changes within any of your shared folders that you would expect to see there?

If you're not sure if there was any recent activity in these folders, you can check the Events page in your account online here.

You can filter folders too, so you can narrow this down much easier.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Eddie8
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Daphne, thank you for writing to me. I clicked on that events page and it did bring me to a page I had never seen before. Yes, all the interactions that other people did were showing up on the events page.

However, those exact interactions used to show up on the thing that looks like this when I would click the tiny DropBox symbol on the lower right of my screen. I circled the thing I'm talking about and drew an arrow pointing to the thingy here:

dropbox recents2.jpg

This thing has been super convenient to use, it allowed me to instantly see what had been going on in the folders that others were adding to.

But now that page is showing up as it does in the picture above. Nothing is listed. However, when I click on recent -> you, then I still do see a list of all the stuff I have added and edited from folders.

So I'm wondering what changed. It was literally working as usual earlier today, then it wasn't.

It's very unusual that I log in to DropBox through a webpage. I'm pretty much always using that little icon I circled to see what activity is happening, and then I access files through file explorer. I'm hoping to be able to continue doing that.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me here @Eddie8!

Checking the Events page on the website was just a troubleshooting step to have a better idea of what's occurring here, so it's no problem at all that you usually don't use the website.

Can you hover over the Dropbox icon in the system tray (circled in your last screenshot), and let me know what version of the app shows there?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

This is driving me insane

MOUDZJ
Explorer | Level 3

Ive been ravaging google for the past two days trying to find a solution but cant. I have done one soft uninstall, and two advanced uninstalls and reinstalls and I still have the same issue. 

In my windows 10 system tray, dropbox is showing NO new team activity in the "Recent", "Team" activity tabs. This should be active, as it is being used by my team, however I cant see what the hell everyone is working on and I like to keep tabs on it. I dont want to be doing this through the website. 

I feel like ive tried everything that is remotely close to my issue online, but I cant really find much about people exieriencing the SAME issue.

Really really would appreciate some help on this, its driving me absolutely mad.

Thanks.

Re: This is driving me insane

Mark
Super User II

Hi @MOUDZJ 

Just to check. Can you see the updates online if you go there? So if you went to www.dropbox.com/events they display?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MOUDZJ
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, updates are showing on the website.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @MOUDZJ!

Can you hover over the Dropbox icon in your system tray and let me know what version of the app you have installed?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

MOUDZJ
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Do you have any antivirus or firewall on your device at all @MOUDZJ?

If so, can you try temporarily disabling these and restarting the desktop app to see if that makes any difference?

Otherwise, please make sure that the Dropbox domains are whitelisted within these apps

Also, if you're using a proxy, please have a look here.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?