cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

she cannot upload to my dropbox account - file size issue?

she cannot upload to my dropbox account - file size issue?

Reynold050
Explorer | Level 3

This person is trying to upload. Is there a file size limit so small? Or why would the upload stall? Thank you.

She said: I found the file and tried uploading 5 or 6 times last night, but it kept stalling halfway through, maybe because 923 MB is too big?  I will try splitting it into two or three shorter segments and see if uploading separately works.

5 Replies 5

Re: she cannot upload to my dropbox account - file size issue?

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Reynold050, thanks for posting in our Community!

923 MB is not that large a file, so this person shouldn't have any issue, unless they are uploading to a shared folder, and they don't have enough space in their own account for the file.

Would that be possible?

If not, can you have her try again using a different browser or an incognito/private browsing window, to see if that works?

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Reynold050
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your help. I marked the folder as a shared folder with her. Maybe this messed it up because she does not have enough space on her end. I will work on this with her.

Hannah
Dropboxer
I see. You can alternatively use our file request feature, so that she can upload files to your account without affecting her Dropbox space.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Reynold050
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you. I did send a file request to her. An issue with file requests is that it doesn't show later (at least that I can find) to whom I have sent a request. Is there somewhere I can see a history of this?

I considered un-sharing the folder on Dropbox with her, but decided against that. It would be advantageous for her to see the contents of the folder. It is a helpful feature.

She now suspects that the upload problem is due to buggy wi-fi. She cut the file into smaller pieces and managed to upload one clip successfully, after many attempts.

We are learning. I appreciate your kind assistance.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Not a problem!

I'm afraid you won't see who you've sent a file request to, but you will get an email when they upload a file and each file is named after the person that uploads it. 

Happy to see that she was able to upload the files, though. 

If you have any further questions, make sure to give us a shout!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Reynold050 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?