cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

showcase as product fulfillment

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have been looking for a way to give our customers their purchased pdf documents, and thought that maybe Dropbox Showcase was an interesting way to do it. However, after copying the share link and placing it in the fulfillment email for said customers, it seems that they are taken to a 404 page instead. 

I have checked the link outside of the fulfillment email (simply copy and pasted it) and it works fine. 

Has anyone encountered this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: showcase as product fulfillment

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne! 

Just an update. So the share settings were all fine, BUT when I removed the customizable url the link worked no problem with ThriveCart! Yay! Very excited.

Thank you so much Daphne for tackling this with me. Sometimes just knowing that someone is willing to trouble shoot a problem with you is more than half the battle. 

You're awesome!

sincerely, patrick

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Evangobox,

When you try and open the link on your side, are you logged into your Dropbox account in the browser you use? Can you try opening the link in an incognito window to see if you receive any error message, and if so please send along a screenshot of the error message you get.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hey Daphne,

yeah, sadly it occurs even when I am in incognito mode. And while I can't seem to grab a screen shot, it is simply a 404 message with a giant cat on the middle of my screen saying, 'we can't find the page that you're looking for.'  (The cat looks as dismayed as I do at the situation, lol).

Any thoughts?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Evangobox, thanks for checking that!

Are you possibly on a Business team? If so, can you click the "Share" option next to the Showcase file, then click the "Settings" option towards the bottom of the sharing window. Is the option set to "Anyone with the link" or is it perhaps restricted only to team members?

If your not on a Business team, to look into this a bit further would you mind if I reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile?

I hope this helps - thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

We are on a Business Team and the share settings are put to "Anyone with the link." 

Could this have anything to do with ThriveCart? They are the one sending out the link to our customers. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for clarifying that for me @Evangobox!

Hmmm.  It could be possible that ThriveCart is affecting access to the links but I'm unaware of how that would occur.

Let's just check one last setting, which is within the Admin console "Settings" tab. Can you go to the Sharing settings here, and let me know if "Sharing links externally" is allowed? If not, could you try enabling this option and try opening the Showcase link in an incognito window one more time to see if you get the same error.

Let me know what you find - thanks!

Daphne

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne! 

Just an update. So the share settings were all fine, BUT when I removed the customizable url the link worked no problem with ThriveCart! Yay! Very excited.

Thank you so much Daphne for tackling this with me. Sometimes just knowing that someone is willing to trouble shoot a problem with you is more than half the battle. 

You're awesome!

sincerely, patrick

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Evangobox,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get to the bottom of this and have resolved the issue, I'm sure that this will be helpful to others who might be having the same issue!

Great work on the troubleshooting on your side, I'm happy to have provided some moral support on this one. 

Here's to hoping you have a great day Patrick - cheers! 

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?