cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow deleting files on dropbox.com

slow deleting files on dropbox.com

mike1921
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

when i go into a folder with say 80 files (50mb files) and click to select them all and then delete it used to be instant.  Now it can take 30 seconds or more to delete 80 files from the website.  This has only happened in the past week.  Before this everything was instant.

Help!!!!!!!

16 Replies 16

Thomas B.69
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Same here. Taking absolute ages deleting files. Suspect they've "deprioritised" personal subscriptions (I'm on the annual package) and want you to move to Dropbox Business. Bait and switch suspected. A shame because Dropbox was always so much more reliable than everything else out there. Gonna have to try an alternative.

mike1921
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

totally agree

rahrahrah
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am experiencing issues with this too. Very frustrating. Why mark it as solved, when deleting large numbers of files in the web app is clearly super slow accross all browsers?

I've loved Dropbox in the past, but it's starting to look like the beginning of the end. The least they coulddo is take good care of your paying customers.

New_Identity
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue here.  less than 100mb and is just passing 5 minutes without actually deleting.

ArtofAlmost
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I've been sitting here trying to delete 2 files that are a total size of 14mb. It has so far been trying to delete them for 5 minutes with no luck.

It does seem pretty weird that they wouldn't provide a solution yet still mark this issue as solved...

GHOSTHUNTERINVIRGINA
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
It's still going on today, 09 OCT 21. Plus, I delete items, and it STILL says "Your Dropbox Is Full". I can't afford the extra storage.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@GHOSTHUNTERINVIRGINA 

Simply put you havent deleted enough. 

If you delete 2gb of files but are 3gb of files over quota you are still 1gb over quota and as such... it is still full. 

Dont think about volume of files think about size of files. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    GHOSTHUNTERINVIRGINA Explorer | Level 3
    ArtofAlmost Helpful | Level 6
    New_Identity New member | Level 2
    rahrahrah New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?