Explorer | Level 3

some folders show up only on Safari and others only show up on Chrome

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: some folders show up only on Safari and others only show up on Chrome

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @imagerybox,

That does sound strange indeed! As a first step, would you mind checking the Dropbox accounts you are signed into on each browser? From what you mentioned it sounds possible that they might be different accounts.

If you see they are both signed in with the same email address, can you try using an incognito/private window on both browsers and see if there is a difference in what you see there. As a final step, please try clearing your browser’s cache and trying to view the File page again to see if the folders are still inconsistent.

If none of the above steps help, can you let me know if you see some of the same folders or if what you see on one browser is completely different than the other.

Looking forward to your reply - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @imagerybox,

That does sound strange indeed! As a first step, would you mind checking the Dropbox accounts you are signed into on each browser? From what you mentioned it sounds possible that they might be different accounts.

If you see they are both signed in with the same email address, can you try using an incognito/private window on both browsers and see if there is a difference in what you see there. As a final step, please try clearing your browser’s cache and trying to view the File page again to see if the folders are still inconsistent.

If none of the above steps help, can you let me know if you see some of the same folders or if what you see on one browser is completely different than the other.

Looking forward to your reply - Cheers!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

imagerybox
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne, it looks like they are under two different emails. Any way to combine the two  email accounts and keep all the files? 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey again @imagerybox,

The easiest way to transfer the files from one account to another via the website, would be with the following steps:

Spoiler
  1. Share the folders from account A to account B (you can move all data into one folder to make this easier).
  2. Transfer ownership of the shared folders from account A to account B.
  3. Accept the shared folders on account B from the Sharing tab.

Once you have added all the data to account B, you can go ahead and delete account A to avoid confusion again in the future between accounts.

If you are using the desktop app and have one account already synced to your computer, you can first check which account is connected. Then, you can unlink the desktop app from that account and rename the Dropbox folder in your finder/file explorer (eg. DropboxOLD).

After this you can then sign back into the desktop app with the other account and allow it to sync the content. Once the app shows “up to date” in the sync status, you can copy/move the content from the old Dropbox folder to the new one and the app will sync the data to your account.

Let me know how it goes - Cheers!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?