cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage

storage

Scst
New member | Level 2

Can I keep my free account and open up another one with 2tb storage?

7 Replies 7

Re: storage

Mark
Super User II

Yes of course 🙂

However you can only add one to your computer to sync at one time

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Scst
New member | Level 2

Well, I'd like to have to so I could add files to either one, but I could only actually use one of them?

Scst
New member | Level 2

So the solution would be to use two different computers?

Ok, that might work.

Scst
New member | Level 2

I'll just need a new email address to use for the second computer, right?

Mark
Super User II

Yes thats correct. One email address per Dropbox account/log on. 

The other thing to remember though is if you have a free account and a paid account and share between them the free account is limited to the size of its quota NOT the size of a shared folder's account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Scst
New member | Level 2

Could I then login to both accounts from the same computer and copy files between them?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Scst, it won't be possible to have two personal accounts signed into Dropbox at the same time. 

You could technically have another computer profile/login and Dropbox installed there with the other Dropbox account signed in. You'd need to login to the profile each time you want files to sync.

Since quota can't be shared from a paid account to a Basic account, could you clarify why you need to have two separate Dropbox accounts? 

There may be another solution which might be beneficial to yourself.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Scst New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?