cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer/copying stopped because of invalid characters?!!

transfer/copying stopped because of invalid characters?!!

Kristof VDK
New member | Level 2

dear all

I am new to dropbox and started enthusiastically transfering folders from my home server/Macbook to dropbox. However, the transfer got stuck in the middle. Somes files could not be copied because the name contained characters that are invalid??!! See picture.

So the transfer/copying stopped, and I got only half of the folder on dropbox...

What to do?

Thank you in advance!

Kristof

PS using business version of dropbox

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-26 um 22.15.30.png

2 Replies 2

Re: transfer/copying stopped because of invalid characters?!!

Kristof VDK
New member | Level 2

and by the way, when I try to transfer the file 'with the invalid characters' in its name, only, then it works. The message only comes wenn I try to transfer the entire subfolder. 

Since I do have many folders, subfolders and files, I cannot manually transfer the files, i do need to be able to tarnsfer an entire folder, which works for most files, except for some of the filenames (see picture), without any evident reason.

Re: transfer/copying stopped because of invalid characters?!!

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Kristof VDK; welcome to our Community!

Can you please walk me through the exact steps you take that result in this error?

Also, can you clarify if you're getting this for only a specific package files or other types of files or folders as well? 

Keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?