cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: turkish character problem

turkish character problem

Volkan S.
New member | Level 2

if you have some of the turkish characters (like capital i in Turkish, which is İ) in your file name, dropbox do not synchronize, I realized it but it was too late, I lost lots of things... Please solve this problem..

45 Replies 45

Emre K.2
New member | Level 1

The problem still alive. I think you afraid to solve it because of to lost most users files, normally this shouldn't be hard to solve the capital "i" problem. By the way, year is 2016, but dropbox still not support the "Turkish Language"! Maybe you couldn't realized that size of the Turkish Market. Your competitors support the Turkish Language, why we have to prefer you?

@Demetrios, I am sorry to tell you that but your answer is not acceptable. Please think once more.

Regards.

James V.10
New member | Level 2

I have two files in a dropbox folder with Turkish text. One is MS Word, the other PDF. Text is identical.

I cannot copy either of these files from Drop Box to my Windows 7 desktop. It just stalls.

I can, however, copy/paste these two files into macOS. I can also copy/paste them within Windows 7. Just can't copy from Drop Box, then paste into Windows 7.

This prevented me from copying a Drop Box folder that had hundreds of folders and files in it. Finally after copying and pasting individual subsets of folders, I found the culprit. Interesting that it happens with Word and also PDF.

selcuk y.
New member | Level 2

Hahaha, 2 sene geçmiş halen bir çözüm üretememiş dropbox... Demetrios pek takmamış demekki bizi... Boşverin, başka bulut mu yok? 

Omer Y.
New member | Level 2

Başka bulut olmaz mi. Epeydir araştırıyorum. Sync su an favorim. Dropbox'dan daha ucuz ve diger konularda da aratmiyor. Onedrive, Google drive hepsini denedim. Mac/pc/mobil en sorunsuzu Sync. Tavsiye derim. Benim Sync firması ile herhangi bir bağlantım yok.

selcuk y.
New member | Level 2

Sync'i bir inceleyeyim bakayım. Bakmadan önce sorayım, versiyon kaydediyor mu?

Burak E.
New member | Level 2

Hele ki son kullanıcı hesaplarının satılması olayından sonra artık Dropbox'ın güvenirliği iyice sorgulanır oldu. Sync alternatifler arasında en üst sıralarda. Deneyelim bakalım.

Omer Y.
New member | Level 2

Versiyon kaydediyor. Dropbox'taki tüm özellikler mevcut ve Türkçe karakter problemi yok. Ve fiyatı daha uygun. iOS app yazıyorum ve cloud sync benim için gerçekten önemli. Dropbox Türkçe problemi beni fena yaktı. Sync'i yaklaşık 3 aydır ciddi şekilde yoğun kullanıyorum ve hiç sorun yaşamadım.

selcuk y.
New member | Level 2
Dropbox'ın engellendiğini de düşünürsek daha bilinmeyen servislere yönelmekte fayda var... (;

denizkaraduman
Helpful | Level 5

Hello,

I have problem with uppercase versions of "i" as Turkish character.

Is there a way to find all files/folders in dropbox with capitalized i and change them with lower case ?

Mark
Super User II

You could try going to www.dropbox.com/home and using the search bar in the top right?

Note that once you've found them you will need to rename them yourself, there isnt a tool to do that for you.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?