cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turkish character problem

turkish character problem

Volkan S.
New member | Level 2

if you have some of the turkish characters (like capital i in Turkish, which is İ) in your file name, dropbox do not synchronize, I realized it but it was too late, I lost lots of things... Please solve this problem..

45 Replies 45

denizkaraduman
Helpful | Level 5
Any other easier way ?

Rich
Super User II
Not using Dropbox, no.

Turker_T
Helpful | Level 6
Dropbox engellendi mi?

Turker_T
Helpful | Level 6

Senkronizasyon problemleri ile ilgili şöyle bir sayfa yapmışlar https://www.dropbox.com/help/syncing-uploads/files-not-syncing

Burada bizim Türkçe karakter probleminden pek bahsetmiyor. Sanırım problemi tam olarak anlamamışlar bile.

Birde adamların "Bad File Checker Tool" diye bir araçları var. Gidiyor bulutta ki dosyaları kontrol ediyor. Şaka gibi. Lokal bilgisayarda ki dosyaları kontrol etseler en azından hatalı dosyaların isimlerini düzeltiriz.

Borsaya açılsalar kağıtlarını alacak kadar güvendiğim, sevdiğim firma ama bu hatalarda enteresan.

Murat U.
Helpful | Level 5
This problem of failing to synchronize files and folders containing Turkish character İ (capital i, not I) in their name is and age old (complaints from 2013) inability of  Dropbox and is still here at the year of 2017. Dropbox technical support admits it and told me that they can not offer any solution or workaround.

This is not a tiny problem, or detail, this is a huge problem especially if you work across more than one PC, if you use some portion of your paid 1 TB storage for documents, which means thousands of files, like student homework or official documents (of whom the authors might very likely to name them with capital İ) and it is impossible for you to know how much data you have lost because of the files trapped in the PC's they were first created or saved and not synchronized to cloud and to other PC's. You cannot locate may be hundreds of your local files among thousands of them and rename/ remove İ's from them manually.

The current solution seems to switch to another cloud storage company, which I have preferred, to Google Drive for example, with the same storage space (1 TB), nearly same or slightly less cost, and same functionality plus Google Drive synchronizes files named with Turkish characters (including İ) without any problem.

Turkish version of my post: Dropbox yetkilileri de görsün diye İngilizce yazdım, üsttekinin türkçesi  arkadaşlar.
Dropbox adı İ (büyük i) içeren dosya ve klasörleri senkronize edemiyor arkadaşlar. 2013'den beri bilinen kullanıcıların şikayet ettiği ve Dropbox teknik personelinin bu konuda bir çözümlerinin olmadığını ilettikleri, 2017'de devam eden ciddi bir sorun. Özellikle birden fazla PC arasında senkronizasyon yapıyorsanız, Dropbox cloud yedeğine güvenip ciddi şekilde veri kaybedebilirsiniz, ben bu sorunu farkedinceye kadar ne kadar dosyamın bu şekilde ilk kaydedildiği pc'de mahsur kaldığını bilemiyorum.. onbinlerce dosyam var hangisinde İ var, (özellikle resmi belgeyi memurlar, öğrenciler ödevlerini hep büyük harfle isimlendiriyorlar). bunları bulmam yeniden adlandırmam imkansız.

Çözüm olarak aynı veri hacmi  (1 TB) ve aynı maliyette ve kabiliyette Google Drive'a geçtim. İlginç bir şekilde böyle bir problemin esamesi bile yok (gerekli testleri yaptım). Google drive'da inanılmaz şekilde :))  İ içeren dosyalarınız cloud'a yedekleniyor ve diğer pc'lerinizde de yerel olarak erişilebilir hale geliyor, yani senkronize ediliyor.

Murat U.
Helpful | Level 5

the problem can be described as the Dropbox problem with the Turkish Character İ, 

it's discussed under the title 

turkish character İ

and the link to my post about the problem in that discussion is here  (Türkçe de yazdım)

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey all, 

I've made sure to gather all relevant posts here & I've passed your feedback & comments on to the team. 

Once I have more information regarding the matter, I'll make sure to update this thread! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Turker_T
Helpful | Level 6
I believe that Dropbox can provide us a simple tool to check problematic files. There is a "Bad File Checker Tool" on the web but we need to find problems on local computers.

rhb
Explorer | Level 3

Waiting

denizkaraduman
Helpful | Level 5

zendesk'de 23 şubat 2017 ' de ticket açtım bu konu ile ilgili , konunun farkında olduklarını ama problemin çözümü için bir tarih veremediklerini söylediler. buradaki diğer Türk arkadaşlarımız da eğer ticket olarak iletebilirlerse problemi bence daha etkili olacaktır. Bu kadar da zor olmamalı ama şikayet eden az olunca çözüm bulunmuyor sanırım.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Omer Y. New member | Level 2
    Burak E. New member | Level 2
    selcuk y. New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?