cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to upload due security concerns

unable to upload due security concerns

optimist_emo
New member | Level 2

Hi. I zipped a file that is for testing something and then tried to upload on dropbox but I got this error. I probably know but still wanted ask why. the zipped file actually has a type of pacified malware so I manually stopped malvare and just sending an empty embled useless malvare that will never get active but however dropbox got it wrong and read as active malvare. but why did dropbox read unactive embled as active danger and why I couldnt upload my file?

4 Replies 4

Re: unable to upload due security concerns

Rich
Super User II

@optimist_emo wrote:

the zipped file actually has a type of pacified malware so I manually stopped malvare and just sending an empty embled useless malvare that will never get active ...

Malware is malware, regardless of whether it's active or not. Assuming Dropbox does scans for malware, they shouldn't ignore it just because it's not active. They should actively block it, which is what sounds like has happened.

optimist_emo
New member | Level 2
I also know it but the weird thing was I did uploaded same file before and it was same malware. Thats why I was confused. Why I could and why I cant now.

Mark
Super User II

To be honest I suggest you be careful - its against the T&C's to hold such files on Dropbox and you are putting your account at risk of deletion without warning. I'd take the warning as a big alarm bell.

There are plenty of threads on here where Dropbox has closed accounts, without warning, and deleted all data. Once it does that you cannot get it back. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

optimist_emo
New member | Level 2
XD Then Im lucky it was private or I was done. But still.. I removed it one day later and at least I tested the limits of dropbox. I assume it was a bug. Or I bet it wouldnt upload at the first place.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?