cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to use web dropbox due to slowness

unable to use web dropbox due to slowness

eob11
Explorer | Level 3

I use Dropbox ONLY on the web and do not use the desktop app. Suddenly a few days ago, dropbox stopped responding - sometimes to sign in, and once in, to open files, move files, etc.  It is impossible to do any work.  I have not changed any settings. Changing to Safari from Chrome first worked, but not I'm facing the same issues with Safari. Rebooting and clearing cache didn't seem to work in a persistent manner.  Any advice, anyone, please?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Re: unable to use web dropbox due to slowness

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @eob11, thanks for posting your question here!

Can you clarify if this happens on both Safari and Chrome? Also, do the browsers remain unresponsive each time you open them?

If I were you, I'd try restoring my browser to its default settings and disable any plugins. That way, you would be able to check if this is causing trouble. 

Let me know what you find, and we'll take it from there!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Eob111
New member | Level 2

Having many issues - had to open another community username.

Thanks for the reply. 
Restoring default setting on chrome did not work. Also tried incognito without success. 
the browser is unresponsive to dropbox ..before, shutting down the laptop and the first try worked but not subsequent attempts. Now nothing works. I am now using my iPad .  
safari on my apple laptop doesn’t open dropbox now either. 
Any other suggestions?

Lori
Dropboxer

I hope you're doing well @Eob111

Are you trying to connect on our website using a VPN? 

Can you also send me a screenshot of what you see on your end when trying to access Dropbox? 

Thank you!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

eob11
Explorer | Level 3

I am for some reason able to access Dropbox today and have kept it open for fear of losing access.

I do not use a VPN 

It's also difficult to reply to the community about not being able to login to Dropbox, because you cannot access the community without being logged in...a catch-22 situation!

The screen is the login screen and after entering the email and password, the blue SUBMIT button becomes faded and then nothing happens...the tab shows a circle around the dropbox icon going around and around for ever, and the thin progress line stops in the middle. 

Thanks for any advice.

dropbox.png

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @eob11, I hope you enjoyed your weekend. 

Can you clarify if your issue has been resolved since your last post, or if you still have a hard time accessing our website on Safari?

Have you tried an incognito tab on your browser, to see if maybe that does the trick?

Thanks!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

eob11
Explorer | Level 3

Seems to be working now.  I had tried incognito and it didn't work then.

Hopefully resolved - don't know why.

Thanks.

Lori
Dropboxer
Amazing news @eob11

Give us a nudge if you have any other questions!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    eob11 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?