cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload file request fro email

upload file request fro email

Explorer | Level 3

When I'm upload from iOS I'm asked to send to an email adress as well - can this requirement be deactivated? Tx

9 Replies 9

Re: upload file request fro email

Dropboxer

Hi @Kb23, thanks for posting on the Community!

Are you trying to uploading directly to your own account using the Dropbox mobile app or via a file request link in a browser?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Own account using mobile

Dropboxer

Can you forward a screenshot of what you're seeing from the Dropbox app when trying to upload to your account? Thanks!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Yep - how ?

Dropboxer

If you don't see an option in the forum, try uploading the screenshot to your account and share a link to it.

If you're not able to upload the image, please describe what you tap to upload to your account and the exact prompt you're getting.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Explorer | Level 3
Saving the doc produces a box with:
To: (email, names, or group)

If the ‘To’ is not competed then the action cannot be completed

Super User II

@Kb23 wrote:
Saving the doc produces a box with ...

And you're doing this within the Dropbox app, or a third-party app and you're trying to save to Dropbox? If you're doing this within another app, then it's not Dropbox prompting you, but the app you're using to save the document.

It sounds more like you're using a sharing feature, rather than trying to save the file. I just used Word to save a file directly to Dropbox on my iPhone, and I wasn't prompted to enter a recipient.

Explorer | Level 3
I’ve seen this reply on previous post for this issue but it proved to be inaccurate since it occurs in all scenarios as far as I can see on my iphone and is a fairly recent feature.

Dropboxer

Hey @Kb23, could you let us know the exact steps you follow to upload a file to your Dropbox account?

Also, a shared link of the screenshot would be super helpful, so that we can have a better visual of it.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?