cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload file using matlab

upload file using matlab

YSol
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using Matlab to upload some files into Dropbox. Files in Matlab are frequently updated and then uploaded to Dropbox. The issue is, Dropbox each time creates a new file with a numeric extension rather than replacing the old file with the new file. While what I need is that the old file to be replaced by the new one. 

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

YSol
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi @Rich, thanks for your reply. I was gladly able to manage the problem myself. All the required POST HTTP codes to send/receive or modify files on Dropbox from any other platforms are briefly explained at app development of Dropbox.
Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @YSol - sorry to hear you're having issues with ths.

Could you provide some more information on this or share screenshots depicting the discrepancy you mentioned along with the steps you take to result in it?

By the way, if you're indeed running the desktop app, what's its current status

Also, how is this reflected on your events page

Any additional information will be much appreciated!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

YSol
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello @Walter, Thanks for your quick reply. Mathwork company has provided a useful feature that, Matlab users can share some prescript codes via exchange forum. I'm using an exchange file that uploads file directly from Matlab to Dropbox. To be able to get access to Dropbox, I got a API token via Dropbox API. Up to this point everything works charming. Now, what I'm doing is, as long as I run Matlab, some variables are updated and via upload feature on Matlab, the new saved file with the same name is uploaded to Dropbox. The issue is when the same file is uploaded to Dropbox, instead of replacing the file, a new file with numeric extension (1), (2), ... is posted. I don't know whether any modifications should be done on the exchange file or there is any feature or option on Dropbox that I can change to allow Matlab to update (replace) the existing file on Dropbox. Hopefully, I could address the issue properly. Thanks.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

As this is a third-party application that uses the Dropbox API, you'll need to contact Mathworks for support. Dropbox will have no control over how the Matlab application saves files to your account, and there are no options on the Dropbox side to control that.

YSol
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi @Rich, thanks for your reply. I was gladly able to manage the problem myself. All the required POST HTTP codes to send/receive or modify files on Dropbox from any other platforms are briefly explained at app development of Dropbox.
Thanks
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

YSol Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?