cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading movie from iphone

uploading movie from iphone

colourchat
Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to upload a movie on my iphone to dropbox so that I can edit it on my mac.

When I try to upload it I get the error: Can't upload file. There was a problem uploading 'IMG_3880.mov'. Please try again.

I have seen other people have this problem. Sometimes people ask about their system. I have an iphone 7 plus, It is iOS 12.3.1. 

6 Replies 6

Re: uploading movie from iphone

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey there @colourchat,

As a first step, could you please check if you're running the current version of the mobile app and if you're not, try re-installing it? You can find the relevant steps here.

Please note that uninstalling the mobile app doesn't delete your files in your Dropbox account but any offlined or cached files will be removed from the device. For this reason, check that any changes made to offline files have been synced to your account and, if you'd like to make them available offline again, take a note of them before reinstalling.

If you're still having trouble uploading the video file even after this, could you please ensure that you're connected to a strong and stable WiFi connection, or try connecting to cellular data or even a different WiFi network?

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

colourchat
Explorer | Level 3

I uploaded the latest dropbox app today. I am running this at home where I have a really strong wifi. The attached image is the error

IMG_3383.PNGIMG_3383.PNG

Steve

Lusil
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying this out for me and for the screenshots, @colourchat.

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to further investigate this. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

kellyken
Explorer | Level 3

For this issue, maybe you could try to reformat the video files and then try it again. If you want to do that, you could use the tool DRmare Media Converter Mac to help you. Hope it will meet your needs.

JackieLW
Explorer | Level 3

Hi. I have this same problem but uploading voice recordings and mp4's from an iPad. I am running the latest version of Dropbox. Please can you send me the advice that you gave to this previous customer so that I can hooefully fix this problem? Thanks

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @JackieLW, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

Out of curiosity, are you having trouble uploading directly from the mobile app or the website? 

If you're getting any error messages, could you send me a screenshot of them (without any personal info)?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?