cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: verify email link brings me to a Error (500) page

verify email link brings me to a Error (500) page

Polly R.
New member | Level 1

I am trying to CHANGE the email address linked to my Dropbox account.  I have tried several times to confirm my new email using the button in the Dropbox email "Verify your email", however every time it brings me to an ERROR (500) page, that says:

Error (500)

Something went wrong. Don't worry, your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

5 Replies 5

Aarón__
Dropboxer

Hi Polly,

Thank you for alerting us to this problem. Dropbox engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a solution.

We'll have the problem fixed as soon as possible! We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause you in the meantime!

Lukas B.3
New member | Level 1

Hi Aaron,

I am also experiencing this issue.  I hope this can be fixed soon!

Best,

Lukas

Aarón__
Dropboxer

Hey guys,

This bug should have been solved now. Could you guys please try to change the email address linked to your accounts again and let us know in case it still doesn't work?

Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences! 

Kirst D.
New member | Level 1

Hi, I am getting error messages when I try to change my email address. I have dropbox for business and a personal account, today I realised I was not receiving the verify email address as there is a typo in the email. When I try to correct the email address or use one of my other email addresses I get an error "this email is already taken" (wow yes Sherlock, it;s me!!). There is no moving forward.... help! Kirsteen

Aarón__
Dropboxer

Hi Kirst,

It looks that you've the email address that you want to use for your Business account already linked to another Dropbox account.

To switch the email addresses linked to your account, you will need to use a third email as a placeholder.

In this example, we’ll call the email address linked to your first account "Email A". The email linked to your second account will be called "Email B". The third placeholder email address you'll need to use to swap Email A and Email B will be called “Email C”.

Please follow these instructions to switch the email addresses linked to your account:

1. On your first account, please change Email A to Email C. This will release Email A. You can change your email on the Dropbox website at:

https://www.dropbox.com

Click your name in the top right corner, and choose Settings from the menu. To change your email the Account settings tab, or go to the following page:

https://www.dropbox.com/account

1. Log out of your first account, and log in to your second account. Once you have logged into your second account, please change your email address to Email A. This will release Email B.

2. Log out of your second account and log back in to your first account. You can then change the email on your first account from the placeholder Email C to Email B.

You only need to make these changes once. Any changes you make automatically apply to any computers or mobile devices linked to your account.

I hope this helps!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?