cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view subfolder to linked folder

view subfolder to linked folder

Explorer | Level 3

Simple question I hope - if I share a link to a folder containing sub folders can the recipient of the link view and download the subfolders and files in those sub folders

Thanks

Bob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: view subfolder to linked folder

Super User II

@bob346 wrote:

Simple question I hope - if I share a link to a folder containing sub folders can the recipient of the link view and download the subfolders and files in those sub folders

Yes. A link allows access to the folder and anything within it, including subfolders.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Super User II

@bob346 wrote:

Yes. A link allows access to the folder and anything within it, including subfolders.

View solution in original post

Super User

Hello  Bob346

Thanks for reaching out to us via The Community

The simple answer is yes, once a person gets a link that includes folders within, they have access to them.  However, if the sender has a Pro account, they may have an option to put a password to it for those to access it. 

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?