cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewing contents of a movie by hitting the shift bar

viewing contents of a movie by hitting the shift bar

doug b.13
New member | Level 2

Hi. I used to love to preview movies uploaded to my dropbox in the finder window in dropbox just by selecting the movie and hitting the shift bar (like I do with movies at the finder level). This does not seem possible in dropbox any more.  If I want to see the movie, I have to launch the quicktime app.  This happens with audio files too.  Why is not possible anymore?  I did just upgrade to Catalina, but I can view movies at the finder level in other folders on my computer (desktop, downloads etc.).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: viewing contents of a movie by hitting the shift bar

doug b.13
New member | Level 2

I may have answered my own question.  Only items on my local are viewable by hitting the space bar.  With the smart sync option is on,  you cannot view those items in the same fashion.   hmmm.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

doug b.13
New member | Level 2

I may have answered my own question.  Only items on my local are viewable by hitting the space bar.  With the smart sync option is on,  you cannot view those items in the same fashion.   hmmm.

View solution in original post

Rich
Super User II

@doug b.13 wrote:

Only items on my local are viewable by hitting the space bar.  With the smart sync option is on,  you cannot view those items in the same fashion.   hmmm.

Which makes perfect sense. The file doesn't exist on your hard drive, so you can't view it. Once downloaded back to the drive, you'll be able to interact with it as you had previously.

DelbertKelly
New member | Level 2

When you watch movies on netflix techbigs , it is very easy to watch movie content. You just need to download and experience netflix will meet all needs!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DelbertKelly New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    doug b.13 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?