cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do I start?????

where do I start?????

New member | Level 2

`I don't even know if I am in the correct area, it didn't offer multable issues for an old guy that is not computer savvy.  

I have had dropbox for two years.  I never use it because I always seem to have issues and I cringe when I have to open something because I know I am going to be met with:  "Dropbox doesn't reconize the device your using".  Same one I have used for the past two years.  Then I have to go through hoops to prove it's me or some other flustrating issue and I always give up, walk away and think I don't need this.  Now again I can't open files that are sent to me.  I have unfortunitly become a condo board member and I have updates sent to me for review.  I can never open anything.  I have installed and uninstalled the app. I have checked to see it is updated.  I am going crazy nd I look like a idiot to the condo board.  (Which is kind of funny now that I think of it)
How do I stop being asked is this a new device, oen a file that I don't need permission to do so when I already have it, and dare I ask how do I change the email  address that I have for only condo board busoness?  I do not want to pay for an upgrade.  I never use this.  Only when forced to.  And I am forced to now (lables, ok nothing that relates to me, typical hope I pick something close)

2 Replies 2

Re: where do I start?????

Dropboxer

Hey @sflboxter, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you, I'll just need a bit more information, such as:

• Do you get this error message when trying to open a file directly from your Dropbox account? 
  • Are you using the desktop app, the mobile app, or the website? 
  • Could you send me a screenshot of the error message (without any personal info)?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: where do I start?????

New member | Level 2
I heard from Vicky she gave me a solution which was perfect. I thanked her and said I could now access Dropbox. I've only tried that one time I will know if it continues to give me access next week. I get updates weekly from the board I'm on.
Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?