cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do I see the dropbox path in my dialogue boxes? just want the local path

why do I see the dropbox path in my dialogue boxes? just want the local path

Dave Stern
Explorer | Level 3

hi, new to dropbox. why are my windows 10 applications showing the dropbox path (c:\users\name\Dropbox\My PC name\pictures...) in the dialogue boxes as a sample even though I've selected the local file folder (not the corresponding dropbox folder)? Only thing I could think to do is 'open folders in file explorer' preference but that didn't help. just want the regular local hard drive path to appear when I select a local folder for a destination, etc. am I thinking about this incorrectly? seems to show the dropbox path even for folders that aren't synced. 

only thing odd I did was rename my PC in windows after I set up dropbox and for some reason,  that change isn't shown in dropbox (it has the old name). not sure if I confused it or it's me who is now confused. 

thanks...

1 Reply 1

Re: why do I see the dropbox path in my dialogue boxes? just want the local path

Rich
Super User II

@Dave Stern wrote:

hi, new to dropbox. why are my windows 10 applications showing the dropbox path (c:\users\name\Dropbox\My PC name\pictures...) in the dialogue boxes ...

You've enabled the computer backup feature, which moves those folders into the Dropbox folder.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?