cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you simply cannot hijack my files and not let me remove them

you simply cannot hijack my files and not let me remove them

DB20202020
New member | Level 2

I am just tech literate enough to know when yet another god **bleep** trick is being played on me by a subversive tech company. I am just at my wits end. If i want to remove a file from dropbox, i get to do it. I do not want dropbox to be backing up my desktop files. I just dont. I dont like it, didnt ask for it, and dont understand why these tech companies have become so entitled as to think that they can just keep whatever files they want on their service against my will. It is baffling. How the hell do you tell dropbox to literally step back from my f-ing files that i dont want them to have in their cloud. 

I have been trying for hours to figure it out but they are so godamn non=transparent, it is just a lost cause. This is the future i guess. Fun.

1 Reply 1

Re: you simply cannot hijack my files and not let me remove them

Rich
Super User II

@DB20202020 wrote:

I do not want dropbox to be backing up my desktop files. I just dont. I dont like it, didnt ask for it ...

But you did enable it, because it's not enabled by default. During installation Dropbox asks if you want to enable the computer backup feature. If you no longer want the files backed up, you can simply turn off that feature.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?