cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Неизвестная ошибка после переустановки (Unknown error after reinstalling the mobile app)

Неизвестная ошибка после переустановки (Unknown error after reinstalling the mobile app)

Airimmense
Explorer | Level 3

Reset phone to factory settings (Samsung J5, Android 7.1.1)
Installed DropBox. Works. I transferred the application to the SD card using the built-in method through the settings. Works.
Rebooted the phone - DropBox authorization was reset. Input - writes "Unknown error", but I have already received confirmation.
The application reinstalled. The phone rebooted. He took out a card. Installing in the phone’s memory does not change the situation.
I can’t change it. I would not want to reset the phone to zero again 😞

7 Replies 7

Re: Неизвестная ошибка после переустановки Unknown error

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi there @Airimmense, I hope you're well today!

Just to clarify, from what I understand you're getting an error message when you try an open the Dropbox app after reinstalling it. Is that right?

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of this error message, excluding any personal info?

Also, if you're currently using a Basic account can you please check if you currently have 3 or more devices connected to your Dropbox account from here? If so, you'll need to unlink all but 2 devices to be able to connect the new installation of the app on your mobile.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Airimmense
Explorer | Level 3

Two devices are connected, the tariff is basic. Yes, after reinstalling, I launch the application, log in using my account, after which they give me an error, and a message arrives in the mail that someone is trying to log in (and I'm trying to log in).

2020-07-01 17-14-08.jpg

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @Airimmense!

So we can have a look into this in some more detail, I'd suggest reaching out to our Support team.

You can do so by filling in the "Submit a help request" section when opening this page via an incognito window (so you're signed out of your Dropbox account).You'll receive a ticket number (eg. #1234567) that you can let me know here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Airimmense
Explorer | Level 3

Unfortunately, on this page I can only read articles or contact the community here. There are no other communication options with technical support .. 😞

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Airimmense, could you try installing the app on the default location, and not the SD card? It’s possible this could be causing the issue you're experiencing.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Airimmense
Explorer | Level 3

I have tried this. The same result.

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, you'll need to follow the instructions @Daphne mentioned here

Just make sure to NOT log into any account when accessing the relevant form @Airimmense.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?