cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Dropbox Accounts simultaneously

2 Dropbox Accounts simultaneously

MichaelMattusch
New member | Level 2

Hey. I have 2 dedicated Dropbox-Accounts. One for my Photography-Business and one for my Band.

Can i, somehow, log into both accounts on my Mac, without having to switch back and forth?

5 Replies 5

Re: 2 Dropbox Accounts simultaneously

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @MichaelMattusch, thanks for reaching out to us here!

You can connect two Dropbox accounts if one is under a business subscription, and the other is under a personal subscription.

You can find out more info and steps on how to do this from this article here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ecssousa
New member | Level 2

Hi there

As far as I know you can't have more than one dropbox executables running at any given moment, so you can't have them both sync on you mac all the times.

For windows you can have a solution that my bypass your problem: RaiDrive.

This software mount dropbox as a network drive and you log into your dropbo via web browser so you can have as many accounts as you want at any given time. Check if there is a RaiDrive equivalent for Mac

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @ecssousa, thanks for joining us here!

You're indeed right that you can only have one installation of the desktop app on your computer's user profile.

However, if you connect a personal and a business account, you can have them both syncing to your desktop app via the one installation.

You can check out the article linked above for more info on this set up.

I hope this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

UTA100
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem,  

I have business A Prof Dropbox already linked to my Private Dropbox

Now have unrelated Business B Dropbox 

Surely it is quite common for this scenario?  Why cannot have function to switch accounts without logging out and loosing the Sync? 

Daphne
Dropboxer

Thanks for joining us here @UTA100!

If you have 2 Business accounts, you indeed wouldn't be able to connect them both so they sync with the desktop app. 

We do currently have a request for this feature here, where you can share your support for the idea as this would be important for your workflow.

In the meantime, to work around this I can suggest installing the desktop app again under another user profile and signing into Business B from there. This will allow you to sync all 3 of your accounts on the same device, just under different profiles.

Otherwise, you can access Business B via the website. We have many integrations which allows you to edit your files online.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropboxer
    UTA100 New member | Level 2
    ecssousa New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?