cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Dropbox Accounts

2 Dropbox Accounts

colpat47
New member | Level 2

Hi,  I have dropbox basic on my linux laptop and the new company I work for want me to join their dropbox business account.  How do I set this up?  Tried downloading and running the link but nothing happens.  I don't want to link my basic account with the business account.  Would be nice if I could have both show in Nautilus file explorer.

1 Reply 1

Re: 2 Dropbox Accounts

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @colpat47,

Unfortunately the only way for use 2 (or more) different Dropbox accounts on a single Linux computer is to run corresponding number of application instaces on different local accounts. Using some trix you can access all through Nautilus, but only sync status of filse from Dropbox account sharing the same local account as those of the file manager will be directly visible.

Dropbox doesn't support such thing, so some kind of workaround will be need in all cases.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?