cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow sync using desktop application

Re: 0.0 kb/sec -- even when network monitor shows 13mb/sec

Explorer | Level 3

I also have the same problem. 
based on this solution, the *include me* wasn't even checked in my general tab settings yet I'm still having this problem.

please help. I even installed the latest version of the dropbox. I already installed and uninstalled it a several times now but still the *0.0KB/sec* problem exists.

I hope you can help me in this problem. Thank you sir!

Syncing is always stucked even though i dont have internet issues

New member | Level 2

Im just syncing low size files for several days but im still stucked at syncing these items. When using other websites on sending it works but syncing a dropbox folder is way more harder. What could be the issue?Right now im just syncing 1 photo but the desktop app says remaining 2+days. Please help!

Re: Syncing is always stucked even though i dont have internet issues

Super User

Hey @HazelRevilla, can you please try restarting the Dropbox app on your computer? Quit Dropbox app by clicking Dropbox icon on the Windows system tray on the taskbar or MacOS menubar > Click the Account icon on top right > Choose Quit Dropbox. Then lauch the app again from Windows strart menu (or double clicking the Desktop shortcut if you have it there) or from Mac Applications folder. 

Re: Syncing is always stucked even though i dont have internet issues

New member | Level 2

Already tried this but still hasnt made any resolution about the issue

Extremely slow sync using desktop application

Helpful | Level 5

I too have the issue with extremely slow sync (0 to 2kbps / 2+ days to upload small files) on a Windows 10 PC with a FIOS connection that is testing 1GB upload/download speeds.  Reinstalling dropbox doesn't help and bandwidth settings are (and always have been) set to "Do Not Limit."  This began around a month ago.  Currently using v92.3.372.  Is there another solution?

Re: Extremely slow sync using desktop application

Dropboxer

Hey peeps, thanks for reaching out to us about this and sorry to hear that you're having trouble syncing with the desktop app. 

At first, @darrylschick, since you mention that you're on the beta version of the desktop app, could you please try installing the stable version, instead?

You can find the relevant steps to doing this on your Windows OS here

For the rest of you who already have the stable version installed, could you confirm for me if you've followed these steps so that we make sure we cover most initial troubleshooting?

Let us know how you get on with this and we'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

@Lusil I never installed the beta version to my knowlege, but just to be sure I downloaded and reinstalled from dropbox.com/download, and the version is still 92.3.372.  Is this a beta version and if so how do I install the stable version?

Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @darrylschick, and apologies for the confusion. 

A beta version can be recognized by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. As such, you'll have to make sure that you've opted out of Include me in early releases in your online settings:

1. Log in to the website.
  2. Click on you account picture/avatar at the top right corner of the page.
  3. Go to Settings.
  4. From the General tab, scroll down and uncheck the box next to Include me in early releases.

Once you do this, you can install the latest version following the steps mentioned above. 

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Daphne 

I tried the advanced install as per the instructions, but there is no improvement - it still reports 3 files to sync, with 2+ days to go, and no actual data transfer happening (we are on a fast fibre connection).

The recent tab is showing more than 3 files that are awaiting sync'ing:

2020-02-28 10_04_49-.png

And, there are inconsistencies between which files show the green tick in File Explorer - they keep changing. Here is a screenshot from this Windows 10 machine, of two File Explorer windows showing how the green tick has disappeared from some files:

2020-02-28 10_35_58-Clipboard.png

ALL of the files should have a tick (which they do on a Windows 7 machine sync'd to this same account). Here's a screenshot from the same location on the Windows 7 machine:

2020-02-28 10_33_19-Clipboard.png

Dropboxer

Thanks for trying that @AEngineering!

Can you please restart your device to see if the sync status and sync icons then correctly show the status of your files?

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Do you use Dropbox for work, personal use or both?
Tell us your thoughts?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?