cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Extremely slow sync using desktop application

Helpful | Level 6

Hello @AEngineering, @Lusil and @Daphne!

I am also having the same problem about synchronization in Dropbox and I have already reported this in this forum and in the Portuguese forum which I participate here in Brazil.

Regarding the loading of folders, I also noticed this from time to time on my computer, however I believe that this is something more related to Windows 10 than to Dropbox.

One solution I got for this is to change about the Windows 10 Thumbnail Cache, where I changed the default so that Windows does not delete this history of thumbnails of folders, photos, videos and others and that makes loading folders and thumbnails much faster since Windows doesn’t need to load thumbnails every time in memory, as they are already stored on your computer.

I'll put here a .reg script in which you just run it and it will change the default of Windows 10 (which deletes from time to time) so that it never deletes, making loading much faster.

The link to download the file is here.

If you don't want to download the file and want to save the file in a notepad and save yourself .reg, I'm also leaving the link here.

Also, to avoid any kind of virus-related things, I also place the file scan here, proving that there is no virus in the file and my intention is to help the Dropbox community since I love this software and it is not today.

The file scan proving that there is no virus is here.

I hope to help someone, as I also suffer from some of these problems.

Thanks.

Helpful | Level 6

I forgot to mention the fact that you must restart your computer after running the .reg script for the changes to take effect.

Thanks.

Re: Estimated sync time not working

Explorer | Level 4

The estimated sync time really can show very hectic values so it doesn't help much.

See the linked recordings (I could not attach those files to this issue somehow).
Use the command: `asciinema play <file>` in a Linux terminal.

https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/sh/dhxe0kg7vgbyirl/AACgusXnkgIYcRCdi96vWT-na?dl=0

Re: 2+ days estimate for any sized file

New member | Level 2

I'm having the exact same issue. 

New member | Level 2

Im Have the same Issue shows 2+ days on sync and down and up speed its very low on multiple computers on my newtwork, any official update of this Issue?

Helpful | Level 5

A note to the Dropbox developers - This is a crucial issue for which your customers should not need to make you aware.  Certainly many more people are having this problem who are not aware of how to report it through the forum.  I recommend that you add self-reporting diagnostics into the application.  For example, if you are seeing transfer speeds under 10 kb/sec or estimates of 2+days to upload a handful of small files, you should gather all of the data you can and figure out real-time what is causing the problem and implement a fix in the application.  Remember that when this happens, no other applicaitons are affected so this is a problem uniquely with the dropbox application or data transfer protocol that is beyond the scope of your users to fix.

New member | Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I have tried everything that was suggested here and still no luck.

Helpful | Level 5
All my friends and acquaintances who use DropBox have this problem! I have been using high clouds for over 4 years. And now there are such problems! You have to solve them, it causes a lot of trouble. All the methods you proposed do not help.

Dropboxer

Hey everyone, thanks for your updates here!

Firstly, @phalcomb1974@ensable and @idiscodancer, can you let me know if syncing shown in your sync status appears to be stuck? Or do you see this progressing but showing 2+ days?

Also @Erick__Gzz, if you haven't already can you please check your bandwidth settings for the desktop app to see if uploads and downloads are limited at all?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5
Synchronization is in progress, but the time is displayed +2 days, as well as the speed is many times less than the throughput speed of my connection
Polls
Do you use Dropbox for work, personal use or both?
Tell us your thoughts?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?