Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

2+ days estimate for any sized file

Helpful | Level 5

I had a previous thread on this issue last month, but it was on another machine and on a beta version of Dropbox--fixed by switching to a stable version. In this case, I've already updated to the latest stable version, but no change.

Essentially, whatever I try to upload or download, the time estimate is always 2+ days. This could be 1mb or 1gb -- while it's showing actual transfer speeds up to 400kb/sec. 

Suggestions?

114 Replies 114
Highlighted

Re: 2+ days estimate for any sized file

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @stephendidit, thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

Out of curiosity, do you see "+2 days" the whole time the desktop app tries to sync? 

Have you tried rebooting your computer by any chance?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Yes--I've rebooted many times.

As an example, I just added a 150mb file. In a matter of seconds it showed

2h

4h

6h 

2+ days

(remained here for a moment)

synced

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have the same issues

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying that out for me, @stephendidit, and sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this, @Jam24

Could you try the steps below in the exact order listed, and see if they do the trick?

1. Click on the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).
  2. Go to the gear in the Notifications panel.
  3. Select Preferences...
  4. Navigate to the Account tab.
  5. Click anywhere in the window under the tab.
  6. Hold down the 'Space' key (Windows) or the 'Option/Alt' key (Mac).
  7. Click on Fix Hardlinks (if you’re on a Mac OS, make sure you're still holding down the 'Option/Alt' key).
  8. You may be asked for your computer's login credentials, in which case, please enter them.
  9. Wait a bit to see if Dropbox resumes syncing.

If the above steps don’t resolve your issue, please repeat steps 1-5, but at step 6, click on Fix Permissions, instead.

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Hi -- thank you for your suggestions. It has not worked.

Currently it says it's downloading at 0.0kb/sec and that it'll take 2+ days to sync.

According to my network monitor, Dropbox is downloading 6mb/sec.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying that out for me, @stephendidit

I've followed up with a ticket to look into this matter a bit more in-depth together. When you get the chance, check your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Cheers!

Lusil

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Yes same issue here with me and it's driving me crazy and I have to manually do the calculations myself.

Edited by moderatorEdited by moderator

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hello

Good night!

I also have the same problem, I've done everything and this is driving me crazy.
I practically can't upload almost any file, except for small .txt files etc as they don't take time to upload.
I already consulted my provider and everything is normal, it looks just like the dropbox.
I was sad about this problem, because today I renewed my professional plan for 1 year and I always loved Dropbox. I hope that they resolve this problem quickly, as it is bothering several customers for sure as well as me.

Note: I have already formatted the computer and it doesn’t matter what the problem looks like with Dropbox.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Syncing 2 Files | 2 + Days

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello everybody; I'm a bit puzzled. I did a big "Dropbox Cleanse" today as I'm approaching my upper limit of storage space, and it was going really well until I removed the last couple of folders (Dropbox on Windows 10). I cannot remember exactly what I did - cut/pasting files out of Dropbox onto an Archival HDD, moving files - could have been either - but now my App icon in Taskbar shows the Blue Dropbox Icon and it says it will take two days to sync 2 files. My Macbook is not having any trouble with the new cleansed Dropbox folder, just the PC where I was doing the edits. Any tips? 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?