cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 dropbox folders on my computer with same account

2 dropbox folders on my computer with same account

julzsz
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I recently installed the dropbox desktop app on my macbook. today I started my mac and dropbox asked me to "sign in" again, so I did. But the next steps suggested that I already had a dropbox folder on my mac and if I wanted to rename the new dropbox folder. So now I have two folders from the same account with the same content. One is already synced and has the name "dropbox old" and the other one is currently syncing the very same content. How could this happen and how do I get back to having just one dropbix folder. 

Oh, and I have set the smart sync setting to "only online" sync.

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

Re: 2 dropbox folders on my computer with same account

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @julzsz, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Since you were asked to sign in again, it sounds like your computer was unlinked from your Dropbox account. 

In this case, I'd recommend letting your desktop app sync your content for now. Once it's complete, you can check if all your important files are in the new Dropbox folder and are up to date, before deleting the previous/old Dropbox folder. 

Hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?