cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21,851,889,437.5% of 0.0GB used

21,851,889,437.5% of 0.0GB used

wowwee
Explorer | Level 3

I tried adding a file to my private folder in Dropbox on my Windows 7 Laptop but the file icon shows a red x as well as the Dropbox tray icon. I understand that this indicates an error, but when I tried creating multiple new files, they all had the red mark. I tried removing the files from the directory and readding them in case of a possible reparse point, butr that didn't work. I then found that the settings dropdown show the space usage as 21,851,889,437.5% of 0.0GB used. I then find that on my Windows 10 VM that the files haven't been synced and the Dropbox tray icon has a red x on it as well. The Dropbox client on Windows 10 also indicates that I have 21,851,889,437.5% of 0.0GB used for storage. One of the test files I created on Windows 7 was a blank text file and shows the x in its icon but managed to upload. Once I edited it, it wasn't updating on either the Dropbox web client or Windows 10. The Dropbox web client shows the usage normally as "Using 208.4 GB of 3 TB". The plan in use allows smart sync.

8 Replies 8

Re: 21,851,889,437.5% of 0.0GB used

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @wowwee - long time no see; how are you today?

Based on your description, it seems like the desktop app doesn't recognize your account's quota for some reason - that's why you can't sync across devices. 

Specifically, the red circle with the x means that something is wrong, and Dropbox isn’t syncing this file or folder. There are a few common reasons for this:

• Invalid filenames (files can’t sync if their names have certain characters or symbols)
  • Permissions errors (meaning you don’t have access to shared content, or a computer system permission)
  • File changing very rapidly (meaning multiple edits in quick succession)
  • Your Dropbox account is out of storage space (which means you can't upload to it).

As I'd need to look further into this now, could you send me a screenshot of the exact status of the desktop app on your affected device(s) and your account's plan tab where your account's quota is clearly mentioned? To do this,  take a look at the Dropbox icon in your taskbar and let me know what the exact message being displayed reads. 

Thanks in advance!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @wowwee - I'm merely following up on this; have you been able to resolve your concerns by any chance? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

M_FestusEvent
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem now with my Dropbox at work.. We are 5 people using it and we all have the same problem.. And it happened all of a sudden on last friday (I think) Can someone help?

Marit

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @M_FestusEvent; thanks for joining our discussion here and welcome to our Community!

Can you please forward me a screenshot of the issue you're noticing since Friday so I can have a look into this for you?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

M_FestusEvent
New member | Level 2

Hello @walter and thank you for your fast respons!

Here`s some screenshots from my "toolbar"

Skjermbilde 2020-02-26 kl. 14.01.55.png

(Cant sync)                                                          (your dropbox is out of space)

Skjermbilde 2020-02-26 kl. 14.01.46.png

Marit

Walter
Dropboxer

Thank you for your speedy reply as well Marit.

It looks like your account is out of quota; can you check your account's plan tab and let me know what is being reported there?

Also, if we need to dig a tad deeper into this, would it be OK if I used the email address that's associated with your Community's profile to open up a support ticket for you?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

M_FestusEvent
New member | Level 2

Hello again

Yes you can use my email if thats the one in my community`s profile? 

Skjermbilde 2020-02-26 kl. 14.10.57.png

Walter
Dropboxer

Thanks for confirming so swiftly Marit!

I've just sent you a brief message so we can investigate further.

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your email's inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?