Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

3 installations in Task Manager - OK?

Collaborator | Level 8

Looking in the Task Manager, I see there are three DropBox isntallations - this seems odd.
I uninstalled and reinstalled as there were problems but is this normal?

Two installatinos have the blue icon, one has the white icon and there is an update icon.

I've had problems for the first time in 7 years of using DropBox, where my laptop was not updating automatically from my PC.

It seems strange that its a 32 installation, my laptop is 64, but this is always installed.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 3 installations in Task Manager - OK?

Super User
Super User

Hey @T F.1, It is normal that Dropbox is running multiple processes as you see in the Task manager. I think the Winodws Dropbox app is 32 bit only. Can you please make sure that you are running the latest version of Dropbox (which is 53.4.67)? When you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon in the taskbar, does it show Up to date?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User
Super User

Hey @T F.1, It is normal that Dropbox is running multiple processes as you see in the Task manager. I think the Winodws Dropbox app is 32 bit only. Can you please make sure that you are running the latest version of Dropbox (which is 53.4.67)? When you hover your mouse over the Dropbox icon in the taskbar, does it show Up to date?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 8

Hello, 

Yes its the latest, it is odd as I have never seen 3 icons of software in the Device manager

Thanks

Highlighted

Super User
Super User

I think, the three processes for Dropbox you see in the task manager are not duplicates, they are seperate processes performing separate tasks. I see that several apps have multiple processes including Firefox and Chrome. Did you resolve the sync issue? 

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 8

Yes, sync is working now - the first time I've had a problem with  this in 7 years.

Thanks

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?