cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party app (songbook) stopped working

3rd party app (songbook) stopped working

Forgotmyusername
New member | Level 2

On android, I used to be able to open song files on dropbox with the android app SongBook.

Today it stopped working and isn't recognized by dropdox as an app for opening any of the file types if used to work on.

Does anyone know what happened and how I can fix it?

3 Replies 3

Re: 3rd party app (songbook) stopped working

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Forgotmyusername, thanks for posting on the Community!

Did you recently update the Dropbox mobile app, or the Songbook app?

Since the developer of Songbook determines which files can be opened, I'd recommend contacting them for further assistance on this matter.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Forgotmyusername
New member | Level 2

I didn't update that I'm aware of. I see on the Songbook app page on the android store that the dropbox sync function of that app had to change because of some new dropbox API, but I've never been able to get the dropbox sync function in Songbook to work (It doesn't seem to search into subdirectories?) which is why I was relying on clicking on the files in dropbox and having that launch songbook.

I don't understand why android can't have some user-set thing where the user can specify that *.txt or *.pro files get launched with a specific app, or allow programs like dropbox to have such a setting within them...

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the update, it does sounds like Songbook isn't giving the option to open the file automatically via the Dropbox app.

You could try exporting the file from Dropbox to your phone first, and then opening it in Songbook directly to see if this helps.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Forgotmyusername New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?