cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Wifi connection problem

5G Wifi connection problem

markdevlin
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I'm using the latest Mac desktop app on Mojave but I've had this problem for a while. It connects fine on my 2.4G Wifi network but when I switch to my 5G Wifi network with no other changes it fails to connect to the servers no matter how long I wait.  Any ideas on what the culprit could be?

Cheers,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 5G Wifi connection problem

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the swift reply, Mark. 

One thing you could try is to update the router’s firmware, however, since you’re having this issue with other apps and platforms on your computer as well, I’d recommend browsing the internet for more relevant info and steps on this. 

In any case, if you have any other questions, just give us a shout. :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there, Mark!

Initially, could you please send me a screenshot of the behavior you’re experiencing (omitting personal info)? What does your Dropbox icon that’s next to your desktop’s clock read when you hover over it? 

Any additional info so as to have a better understanding of what you’re seeing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :upside_down:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

markdevlin
New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

Thanks for replying.

There isn't aything to screensht really. The Dropbox icon remains greyed out and when I click on it, it says "connecting" continuously.

At the same time my email accounts go offline in my MAIL app and I'm unable to reach any web pages in SAFARI (just continuous attempts to load).  Clearly it would seem to be more than just a Dropbox problem but if you could advise me on what things could potentially cause this issue for it then I'd assume that one of them might be responsible for all of them.

Cheers,

Mark

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the swift reply, Mark. 

One thing you could try is to update the router’s firmware, however, since you’re having this issue with other apps and platforms on your computer as well, I’d recommend browsing the internet for more relevant info and steps on this. 

In any case, if you have any other questions, just give us a shout. :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

MARKRONSON
Explorer | Level 3

hey, 

i was having the same issue with my router login and thank you for posting... and thanks all for your answers , it helped me alot.

thank you again

best regards!!

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MARKRONSON Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropboxer
    markdevlin New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?