cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 GB of mobile data gone while using the mobile app. Any ideas?

9 GB of mobile data gone while using the mobile app. Any ideas?

banjavrujci
New member | Level 2

Hi
I am totally dissapointed with Dropbox because it used 9GB of my mobile internet although i have set it up not to use mobilr/cellular data. When i got the sms message this morning that i do not have mobile internet left i was totally shocked! I called my provider right away but they told me that internet was really used. I checkef mobile usage in settings and what i saw was truly frustrating, because i will say once sgain that mobile or cellular data was turned off in Dropbox settings. I made these settings so i know very well what i am doing. I am in computer science more than 20 years and i must say that until now i didnt have experience like this one. Truly bad because i wanted and had plans what and how to work with Dropbox. But now after bad experience like this one i dont think i will use it anymore. Can anyone explain how is this possible to happen at all? What hsppend with my 9 gb of internet snd settings set to off ror mobile data? Thank you in advance for the explanation, best regards, Branislav.

1 Reply 1

Re: 9 GB of mobile data gone with Dropboc

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @banjavrujci; welcome to our Community!

I'm not really sure how this might have happened, but I'll be glad to help take a better look into this Branislav.

To do so, can you please let me know the version of the mobile app you're using and your mobile device's OS?

If possible, could you post a screenshot of the app's settings so I can have a visual too?

Any additional information you think might help our investigation is more than welcome! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?