cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A file updated on my computer isn't updating on my phone, any ideas?

A file updated on my computer isn't updating on my phone, any ideas?

oldbobjr
Explorer | Level 4

I hope I can explain this understanably.  My issue is getting Dropbox to update the file on my iphone.  I do not have dropbox on the start up menu on the PC.  I take the most current file of Root Magic and add and overwrite the file in the dropbox RM folder.  Then I open my iPhone and it only loads the older file.  I look on the PC and in the taskbar>setting tab dbx is running. 

How do I get dropbox program to be "active" (my term) so the iPhone will recognize there is a new file to update?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: how activate Dropbox on pc

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @oldbobjr,

You mentioned that the desktop app is running, can you tell me the sync status the app shows at the moment?

Also, can you check the file in your Dropbox account online and let me know if you are seeing the updated version you have on the computer, or the outdated version you see on your phone.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @oldbobjr,

You mentioned that the desktop app is running, can you tell me the sync status the app shows at the moment?

Also, can you check the file in your Dropbox account online and let me know if you are seeing the updated version you have on the computer, or the outdated version you see on your phone.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

oldbobjr
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for your most prompt reply.  I followed your first link and believe I have found my answer..simple..the Dropbox app was not running and I did not know how to do so.  I went to the start menu on W10 and found dropbox and added it to my start menu.  Then I clicked on that tile and after about a minute the iPhone updated my file!  Such a simple thing I could not figure out..thank you again. 

I did check on line and it did have the correct file but I think because I did not have the app running it would not update.  I will update my personal notes.  Hope this helps others..:nerd:

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @oldbobjr,

I'm glad to hear that this was resolved quickly and easily for you! I'm sure that this will be helpful to others who might also be having a similar issue to you.

I'm always here if you have any other questions or issues, but until then I hope you have a great weekend ahead. :grin:

Thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?