cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

A shared folder isn't syncing the changes made by different member, any help?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have version 76.3.120 and people I share folders with are on a 75. version - whyh is mine higher, as I can not see what they are saving to the folders and tghey can not see what I am saving back to them as we have tested it both ways now...

What is the latest version please we should all be working with?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: version sync issues

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @lewistoft460,

You’re currently using a beta version of the desktop app (denoted xxx.3.xxx ), while it appears your shared folder members are using the latest stable version. Both appear to be the most up to date version of the desktop app so this shouldn’t be the issue necessarily.

What I’d suggest checking as a first step is that the desktop app is running on both your computer and the computer of the shared folder members. Can you let me know the sync status of the desktop app on these devices? 

To pinpoint where the issue is arising and which computer isn’t syncing, I’d recommend checking the shared folder online and seeing which updates you see there. Whichever updates you don’t see will be for the computer that isn’t syncing, and therefore where the issue lies.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: version sync issues

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @lewistoft460,

You’re currently using a beta version of the desktop app (denoted xxx.3.xxx ), while it appears your shared folder members are using the latest stable version. Both appear to be the most up to date version of the desktop app so this shouldn’t be the issue necessarily.

What I’d suggest checking as a first step is that the desktop app is running on both your computer and the computer of the shared folder members. Can you let me know the sync status of the desktop app on these devices? 

To pinpoint where the issue is arising and which computer isn’t syncing, I’d recommend checking the shared folder online and seeing which updates you see there. Whichever updates you don’t see will be for the computer that isn’t syncing, and therefore where the issue lies.

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?